Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Dry Red Chillies – 10
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
Beetroot – 1
1. Boil the beetroots in a pan of water until tender.
2. Drain and reserve the water.
3. Grind the beetroot, dry red chillies and cumin seeds to a smooth paste.
4. Add the wheat flour to a large bowl.
5. Add the ground paste, reserved water (as required), salt and garam masala powder.
6. Mix well to a pliable dough.
7. Make small puris of the dough.
8. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
9. Fry the prepared puris until light golden brown.
10. Remove and drain excess oil.
11. Serve hot with cucumber raita.