Dhokla is a popular fast food from Gujarat. This is a variation of the regular dhoklas.
Gram Flour – 2 cups
Sugar – 2 tsp
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
Cooking Soda – 1/4 tsp
Green Chillies – 4, finely chopped
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Coconut – 2 tblsp, grated
Mustard Seeds – 2 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Mix gram flour, salt, lemon juice and 2 cups of water in a bowl.
2. Mix well without any lumps.
3. Add little warm water to cooking soda and add to the pan.
4. Mix well.
5. Pour the batter into greased idli moulds (or a plate) and steam cook until done.
6. Cut into pieces if desired and keep aside to cool.
7. Dissolve sugar in little water and sprinkle over the dhoklas.
8. Heat oil in a frying pan.
9. Fry the mustard seeds, green chillies, coconut and coriander leaves for 30 to 45 seconds.
10. Pour over the dhoklas.
11. Serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !