As the name indicates this parotta (paratha) is local delicacy of Thoothukudi and surrounding areas. There is also a stuffed poricha parotta that is made using either a veg or a non-veg stuffing.
Maida – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
Water as required
Oil to fry
1. Add salt and enough water to maida.
2. Mix well to a pliable dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
3. Make small balls of the dough and roll them into a spiral pattern.
4. Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
5. Add the prepared parottas and deep fry until crispy and golden.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. Serve with side dish of choice.