A delicacy of Karnataka.
Avarakkai (Broad Beans) – 1 cup, chopped into 1/4 inch pieces
Mochakottai (Field Beans) – 1/4 cup
Toor Dal – 1/4 cup
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Rice – 1/4 tsp
Dry Red Chillies – 3
Coconut – 2 tsp, grated
Turmeric – 1/4 inch piece (or use Turmeric Powder)
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
1. Boil the avarakkai, mochakottai and toor dal.
2. Soak the mustard seeds and rice together for 15 minutes and drain.
3. Add coconut, dry red chillies, turmeric and grind to a fine paste.
4. Heat a pan over medium flame.
5. Add toor dal, boiled vegetables, ground paste, salt and enough water.
6. Stir well and bring to a boil.
7. Remove from flame and garnish with curry leaves.
8. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !