Karamani (Long Beans) – 250 gms, finely chopped
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
Moong Dal – 4 tsp
Coconut – 1 tsp, grated
Dry Red Chillies – 2
Salt as per taste
Curry Leaves – few
1. Add a little salt to karamani and cook till half done.
2. Soak the moong dal for 15 minutes and drain well.
3. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
4. Fry the dry red chillies, urad dal, mustard seeds, asafoetida powder and bengal gram dal for 45 to 60 seconds.
5. Add the karamani, moong dal and stir well.
6. Add enough water and simmer for a few minutes or until all water has evaporated.
7. Garnish with coconut and curry leaves.