A classic Mediterranean/Middle Eastern eggplant dip.
Eggplant (Brinjal) – 1, halved
Juice of 1 Lemon
Sesame Paste – 1 tblsp
Garlic – 1 clove, minced
Parsley – 1 tblsp, finely chopped
Olive Oil as required
Salt – a pinch
White Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Heat little oil in a nonstick pan over low flame.
2. Place the brinjals on the pan, flesh side down, and cook for a minute.
3. Then prick with a fork a few times and char/roast over an open flame until uniformly charred.
4. Scoop out the pulp and puree it in a blender.
5. Add the lemon juice, sesame paste, garlic and blend until smooth.
6. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
7. Drizzle with olive oil and serve with toasted pita breads.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !