White Urad Dal – 1 cup
Toor Dal – 1 cup
Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Coriander Seeds – 2 tsp
Green Chillies – 2
Dry Red Chillies – 3
Asafoetida – little
Curry Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Soak the dals separately for 1 hour.
2. Drain well.
3. Combine them together and transfer to a mixie.
4. Add coriander seeds, green chillies, dry red chillies, curry leaves, salt and asafoetida.
5. Add a little water and grind to a coarse batter.
6. Add coriander leaves and mix well until thick.
7. Heat oil for deep frying over medium flame.
8. Make small balls of the batter and flatten them.
9. Add them to the hot oil.
10. Fry till crisp and golden brown.
11. Remove and drain excess oil.
12. Serve hot with chutney.