Raw Papaya – 1 cup, peeled, chopped
Dry Red Chillies – 4
Urad Dal – 4 tsp
Mustard Seeds – little
Asafoetida – small piece
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Heat little oil in a pan.
2. Fry the red chillies and urad dal for a minute.
3. Remove and cool.
4. Add the papaya pieces to the pan and saute well for a minute or two.
5. Grind together the red chillies and urad dal to a fine powder.
6. Add the papaya pieces and salt.
7. Grind to a smooth paste.
8. Add little oil to the pan.
9. Fry the mustard seeds and asafoetida for 30 seconds.
10. Pour over the papaya thuvaiyal.
11. Serve as a side dish.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !