A variation of the popular Onion Pakoda, this is made with Pearl Millet flour.
Kambu (Pearl Millet) Maavu – 1/2 cup
Roasted Gram Flour – 1/2 cup
Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Ginger – 1/2 tsp, grated
Salt as per taste
Asafoetida as required
Oil for frying
Curry Leaves as required
1. Mix the kambu maavu, gram flour, green chillies, onions, salt, asafoetida and curry leaves in a large bowl.
2. Gradually add enough water and mix well to a thick batter. Do not add too much water.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame.
4. Add small portions of the batter.
5. Fry until golden brown and crisp.
6. Remove and drain excess oil.
7. Serve with tomato ketchup.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !