A delicacy in Pondicherry, this is like a bonda and is served with chutney or sauce.
Potatoes – 250 gms, chopped
Onions – 1, chopped
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Garlic – 6 cloves, crushed
Bajji Flour as required (available readymade in major stores)
Red Chilli Powder as required
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Mix the potatoes, onions, cumin seeds, red chilli powder and garlic in a bowl.
2. Make small balls of this mixture and keep them aside.
3. Add enough water to bajji flour and salt.
4. Mix well to a semi-thick consistency.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan.
6. Dip the prepared balls in the batter and fry them in hot oil.
7. Fry till golden and remove.
8. Drain excess oil.
9. Serve hot with chutney or sauce.