Moong Dal – 2 cups, cooked
Bread slices – 6
Onions – 1/2 cup, chopped
Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
Green Chilli Paste – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Soya Flour – 1 tblsp
Garam Masala Powder – 2 tblsp
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Soak the bread slices in water and squeeze dry.
2. Combine the moong dal and bread slices in a large bowl.
3. Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
4. Shape the mixture into 1/2 inch fingers (rolls) and keep aside for 10 minutes.
5. Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
6. Fry the prepared moong dal fingers until light golden brown and crisp.
7. Remove and drain excess oil.
8. Serve hot (or warm) with mint chutney and ketchup.
image via Indian Cooking at Ease