Mixed Vegetables – 1 cup, chopped, boiled
Rasam Powder – 2 tsp
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 tsp
Jaggery – a small piece
Ghee – 1 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
1. Drain the mixed vegetables and reserve the water.
2. Grind the boiled vegetables to a coarse/smooth paste.
3. Heat tamarind extract in a pan over medium flame.
4. Add rasam powder, salt, asafoetida powder, reserved vegetable water and ground vegetables.
5. Bring to a boil.
6. In a separate frying pan, fry the mustard seeds and curry leaves in ghee.
7. Add to the rasam.
8. Mix well.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve hot.