Bitter Gourd – 250 gms, chopped lengthwise
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Dry Red Chillies – 3
Curry Leaves – few
Oil – little
1. Heat tamarind extract in a pan over medium flame.
2. Add bitter gourd, salt and turmeric powder.
3. Cook for a few minutes.
4. Heat oil for tempering and fry the tempering ingredients.
5. Add to the rasam and mix well.
6. Remove when it reaches a rasam consistency and garnish with coriander leaves.
7. Serve hot with rice.