Maida – 1 cup
Fresh Butter – 3 3/4 tblsp
Rice Flour – 1 tsp
Salt – a pinch
Oil and Ghee to deep fry
Powdered Sugar for sprinkling
1. Mix maida, salt and butter in a bowl.
2. Blend it till flour resembles fine bread crumbs.
3. Sprinkle water and knead to a thick dough.
4. Keep it closed for a few minutes.
5. Rub rice flour and 3/4 tblsp butter together in a flat plate for 5 to 10 minutes till it becomes shiny and soft.
6. Divide the dough into even sized balls.
7. Roll out each ball into thin chappathi.
8. Apply little butter paste on top and put one more chappathi on top.
9. Repeat the process to obtain 3 in one pile.
10. Apply paste on top of the 3rd and roll from one end.
11. Divide the roll into 3 by pressing and breaking it with hand gently.
12. Gently press and make a ball in such a way that inside filling is closed and sealed.
13. Roll it into a flat thick circle.
14. Deep fry in moderately hot oil or ghee till crisp and brown on both sides.
15. Remove from fire.
16. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top immediately.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !