This classic drink has many loyalists, and for good reason – you just cannot beat the sweet-tartness of cranberry juice combined with zingy lime for a reliably great thirst-quencher. This fabulously perfected flavor combo also helps make the Cosmopolitan so good.
- Vodka – 2 ounces
- Cranberry Juice – 4 ounces
- Fresh Lime Juice – 1/2 ounce
- Lime Wedge
- Shake the liquid ingredients vigorously with ice.
- Strain into an ice-filled highball glass.
- Squeeze the lime wedge into the drink and drop it in.
Variations: For a bit of effervescence, add a splash of club soda.
For a classic Madras, add 2 ounces of orange juice and top with the cranberry juice, slowly blending; do not stir.