Old Havana meets urban swank in this elegant take on the Mojito, melding the classic combo of mint, lime and rum with the suave effervescence of sparkling wine. This zippy champagne cocktail comes from the Bemelman’s Bar at the Carlyle Hotel in New York.
- Rum – 1 1/2 ounces
- Fresh Lime Juice – 3/4 ounce
- Chilled Champagne – 1 1/2 ounces
- Dash of Angostura Bitters
- Superfine Sugar – 1 tblsp
- Mint Leaves – 6
- Vanilla Bean – 1/2
- Shake the liquid ingredients and mint vigorously with ice.
- Strain into a chilled champagne flute.
- Slowly top with champagne and stir gently.
- Garnish with the vanilla bean.