Inspired by the famous 1950s hot spot the Cocoanut Grove, this drink with lush island flavors is designed to sate a suave clientele working up a thirst on the dance floor. Using coconut sorbet makes for a lighter, frostier drink, while rich, creamy coconut gelato turns it into a great after-dinner libation.
- Malibu – 1 1/2 ounces (or any other coconut flavored rum)
- Coconut Sorbet or Gelato – 1/2 cup
- Fresh Lime Juice – 1 ounce
- Coconut Milk – 1 ounce
- Pineapple Juice – 1 ounce
- Pineapple wedge
- Ground Nutmeg
- Combine all the ingredients, except the garnishes, in a blender with 1/2 cup ice.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with the pineapple wedge.
- Sprinkle the top with ground nutmeg.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !