Just as the sun goes down, a green glow appears along the horizon for 2 or 3 seconds. This dazzling moment has inspired many a tropical green concoction. This is a refreshing rum fizz laced with the herbal notes of green Chartreuse and lends the drink a celadon-hued glow.
- Silver Rum – 1 1/2 ounces
- Green Chartreuse – 3/4 ounce
- Fresh Lime Juice – 3/4 ounce
- Superfine Sugar – 1 tblsp
- Club Soda – 2 to 3 ounces, chilled
- Lime Wedge
- Shake the rum, Chartreuse, lime juice and sugar vigorously with ice.
- Strain into an ice-filled highball glass.
- Top with club soda and stir gently.
- Squeeze the lime wedge over the drink and drop it in.