There’s something in the botanical essence of Tequila that pairs so naturally with fresh vegetables and herbs. In this, the cooling cucumber refreshes the classic margarita. The hothouse variety of cucumber, with its non-existent seeds, is ideal.
- Fresh Lime Juice – 1 ounce
- English Cucumber – 1/4 cup, thinly sliced
- Silver Tequila – 1 1/2 ounces
- Sugar – 1 tblsp
- Cointreau – 1 ounce
- Put the sugar and lime juice in the bottom of an old-fashioned glass.
- Add the cucumber and muddle.
- Add the tequila and Cointreau.
- Fill the glass with ice.
- Stir and serve.