There is no dispute about where this tangy cocktail originated, right down in the heart of what Southerners still affectionately call Dixieland. Maybe its creation owed something to the festival spirit of Mardi Gras and the seductive, throbbing rhythms of traditional New Orleans jazz.
- Bourbon – 3 parts
- Pernod – 1 pard
- Angostura Bitters – 3 dashes
- A dash of Anisette
- Sugar Syrup – 1 tsp
- Crushed Ice
- Ice Cubes
- A twist of Lemon
- Quarter fill a shaker with crushed ice.
- Add the Bourbon, Pernod, Angostura Bitters, Anisette and sugar syrup.
- Shake well.
- Strain into a lowball glass over ice cubes.
- Garnish with the lemon twist.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !