This cocktail takes its name from one of the U.S’s most prestigious universities – though tradition does not tell us whether it was first devised on campus, or in the bar of Harvard Club in NY.
- Brandy – 1 part
- Sugar Syrup – a dash
- Sweet Vermouth – 1 part
- Angostura Bitters – a dash
- Ice Cubes
- Slice of Lemon to garnish
- Half fill the shaker with ice cubes.
- Add the brandy, sugar syrup and sweet vermouth.
- Shake well.
- Evenly coat the sides of a cocktail glass with the dash of bitters.
- Strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Garnish with lemon slice.