A favourite of Ernest Hemingway and other Havana movers in the early 1900s, the Mojito (pronounced moe-hee-toe) has a reputation as the Cosmo for the more adventurous.
- Mint Sprigs – 5
- White Rum – 2 parts
- Lime Juice – 1 part
- Sugar Syrup – 2 dashes
- a Splash of Club Soda
- Crushed Ice
- Place the mint in the bottom of a highball glass.
- Pour over the rum, lime juice and sugar syrup.
- Using a bar-spoon, pound the ingredients to release the flavour of the mint.
- Add the ice.
- Stir well.
- Top up with the club soda.
- Stir once again and serve immediately.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !