Another survivor from the long-ago days of prohibition and speakeasies that sprang up across the length and breadth of the U.S. It is one of the few cocktails in which honey features as part of the brew.
- Light Rum – 2 parts
- Fresh Orange Juice – 1 part
- Fresh Lime Juice - 1 part
- Honey – 1 tsp, per glass
- Orange Bitters – 2 dashes, per glass
- Orange Peel
- Crushed Ice
- Add the ice, rum, orange juice, lime juice, honey and dashes of bitters in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake vigorously until well blended.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Twist the orange peel over the glass and then drop it in.