For cover :
1 cup plain flour (maida)
1 tbsp. ghee
water to knead
1/2 cup coconut flakes fine
1/2 cup khoya
1 tbsp. poppy seeds (khuskhus)
1 tsp. cardamon powder
1 tbsp. crushed almond
1/4 cup sugar ground
10 to 15 raisins
- Roast khoya to a light pink by stirring continuously over low heat.
- Cool and break in fine crumbs with fingers.
- Mix flour and ghee well.
- Add enough water to make soft pliable dough.
- Keep aside.
For filling :
- Roast coconut flakes lightly. Cool.
- Mix all other ingredients.
- Check for sweetness.
- Make small (4 “) rounds, not too thin not too thick .
- Place 1 tsp. filling in one half of round .
- Fold over the other half, sealing in the mixture.
- Seal edges by twisting or pressing together .
- Make all in t he same way.
- Dry on clean cloth for 30 minutes.
- Deep fry in hot ghee on low till light brown on both sides.
- Drain and cool completely before storing.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !