What could better than a great Key Lime Pie? A Key Lime Martini, of course. Inspired by the dessert, this sweet-tart elixir is concocted from those tiny, tart limes hailing from the Florida Keys and mellowed its puckeriness with sweet, vanilla-orange Tuaca liqueur.
- Gin – 1 1/2 ounces
- Tuaca – 1 ounce
- Lime Wedge
- Fresh Key Lime or other Lime Juice – 1 ounce
- Superfine Sugar – 1 tsp
- Thinly sliced lime wheel
- Rub the rim of a chilled cocktail glass with the lime wedge and rim with sugar.
- Shake the liquid ingredients vigorously with ice.
- Strain into the prepared glass.
- Flat the lime wheel on top.