1 1/2 cup maida (plain flour)
1/2 cup jaggery
1 cup water
1/4 tsp. cardamom powder
1 tbsp. ghee
ghee to deep fry
- Heat the water and jaggery till all of it dissolves in the water.
- Strain and cool a bit.
- Mix the cardamom powder and ghee in the flour.
- Knead the flour with the jaggery water.
- The dough should be stiff but pliable.
- Break into approx. 20 parts.
- Knead each with palm and roll into 4″ rounds.
- Make many tiny slits with knife or fork on each on both sides.
- Keep them aside on a clean cloth for an hour or so to dry a bit.
- Deep fry in hot ghee on low flame till light golden in colour.
- Drain and cool for a while.
- The khajas will become crisper and harder as they cool.
- Store in airtight container after cooling completely.