Sweet and spicy, this warm punch is perfect for your trim-a-tree party, New Year’s Eve bash, or Groundhog Day celebration.
- Zest of ½ orange
- One 4-inch cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 bottle (750 milliliters) red wine (such as cabernet)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 6 ounces blended whiskey
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- ¼ cup whole almonds, toasted
- Combine the orange zest, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, wine, and honey in a medium saucepan.
- Place over medium heat until warm.
- Remove from the heat, cover, and let steep for 1 to 2 hours.
- Strain the mixture and return to the pan.
- Add the whiskey, raisins, and almonds.
- Place over low heat until the glogg is warm.
- Serve in mugs, making sure to include some raisins and almonds in each.
- Keep warm over very low heat.
Note: Toast the almonds in a skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes or until fragrant, stirring constantly.