These are easy to make, fun, and an elegant version of the classic college party drink.
- 1 package white grape sparkling Jell-O mix (3 ounces)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup chilled Champagne
- Place the Jell-O in a large mixing bowl and add the boiling water.
- Stir 2 minutes or until the powder is completely dissolved.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature.
- Add the champagne slowly—the mixture will foam.
- Pour the mixture into an ice-cube tray and let set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- When the Jello shots are firm, dip the trays in hot water for 5 seconds to loosen the Jello cubes.
- Run a thin knife around the edges of each cube, then invert over a large bowl to catch the cubes.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Serve in small plastic cups or place all the cubes in a chilled punch bowl and let your guests serve themselves with ice tongs.