Made from cachaça, a Brazilian rum, this drink is fun to make and is always a hit. It can be made one at a time, but if you are having a large crowd over, make this South American favorite punch-style.
- 1 lime, washed
- 2 teaspoons superfine sugar
- 2 ounces cachaça
- Cut the lime into eighths and place the pieces in a small tumbler.
- Add the sugar.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, crush the lime wedges.
- Continue to muddle the mixture until the sugar is dissolved.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice, or very small ice cubes, and top with cachaça.
- Stir gently.