To soften ice cream, simply let it sit at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes before using it.
- 1 cup ice
- ½ cup coffee ice cream, softened
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 ounces coffee liqueur
- 1 ounce vodka or coffee vodka
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender.
- Cover and pulse on and off until the mixture starts to swirl evenly.
- Blend on high for 20 seconds, or until the drink is completely smooth.
Dark Russian Fall Omit the coffee ice cream and coffee liqueur. Add ½ cup chocolate ice cream, 1 ounce dark crème de cacao, and 1 ounce cinnamon schnapps before blending.
Pink Russian Spring Omit the coffee ice cream and coffee liqueur. Add ½ cup strawberry ice cream and 2 ounces raspberry liqueur before blending.
Yellow Russian Summer Omit the coffee ice cream and coffee liqueur. Add ½ cup peach ice cream and 2 ounces peach schnapps before blending.