The Ramos Brothers ushered this classy cocktail into popularity in the 1890s, when it became the signature libation of the New Orleans Imperial Cabinet Saloon. Tradition insists the Ramos Gin Fizz be well shaken in a cocktail shaker for about 5 minutes to completely froth and blend the egg white.
- Gin – 2 ounces
- Fresh Lemon Juice – 1 ounce
- Fresh Lime Juice – 1/2 ounce
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- Orange Flower Water – 2 to 3 dashes
- Egg White – 1 (optional)
- Cream – 1 1/2 ounces
- Superfine Sugar – 1 tblsp
- Chilled Club Soda – 3 ounces
- Lemon Slice
- Shake all ingredients except club soda and lemon slice vigorously with ice for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Strain into a chilled highball glass.
- Top with club soda and stir gently.
- Garnish with the lemon slice.