1 cup basmati (long grain) rice
1 cup sugar
Ghee -1/2 cup
1-1/4 cinnamon stick
few drops saffron colour
6 cups water approx.
- Blanch (optional) almonds and pistas, cut into thin slivers.
- Wash and soak rice for 10 minutes.
- Put water to boil, add rice, cook till 3/4 done.
- It is done when grain gets mashed between fingers only when forced.
- Drain out all water. Cool in a large plate.
- Add sugar and mix gently till with hands till well blended.
- Heat ghee. Add cloves, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Add rice, and toss gently with spatula.
- Dilute colour in 1/2 cup water, sprinkle over rice.
- When well mixed, cover and simmer till all moisture evaporates.
- Garnish with pista and almonds.
- Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !