1 cup coarse wheat flour
1-1/2 cups blanched almonds (refer note)
1 cup sugar
3 cups water
1 tsp. cardamom powder
1/4 tsp. saffron strands crushed
1 tbsp. warm milk
1-1/4 cup ghee
8-10 blanched almonds chopped into slivers or halved
- Rub and dissolve saffron in milk, keep aside.
- Dry and powder blanched almonds, saving 10 for garnishing.
- Melt ghee in a large heavy pan.
- Add flour, stirfry for 2-3 mintes.
- Add almond powder, stirfry till golden and aroma exudes.
- Take care to stir continuously.
- Add water, stir and cook.
- Add sugar, and cook further, stirring gently.
- When ghee starts to exude, add cardamom and saffron.
- Stir, and take into serving dish.
- Garnish with chopped almonds.
- One may put it in hotcase to keep hot, reheat in microwave, or in a pan.