American Sweet Corn Kernels – 1 cup
Tomatoes – 2
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Ghee – 1 tsp
Black Peppercorns – 2 tsp, powdered
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp, powdered
Coriander Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
Dry Red Chillies – 1 or 2
1. Pressure cook the sweet corn with turmeric powder.
2. Reserve 1 tsp and grind the remaining coarsely.
3. Pressure cook the tomatoes and peel the skin.
4. Then grind to a smooth paste.
5. Add the corn puree, pepper powder, cumin powder, tomato paste and 2 cups of water to a pan.
6. Add salt and bring to a boil.
7. Switch off the flame and remove.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and reserved corn kernels.
9. Heat ghee in a small frying pan.
10. Fry the red chillies and pour over the rasam.
11. Serve hot with rice.