Aval (Poha) – 1 cup
Gram Flour – 4 tsp
Rice Flour – 4 tsp
Green Chillies – 5, finely chopped
White Sesame Seeds – 1 tsp
Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
Oil as required
Curry Leaves – few
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped
Salt as per taste
1. Wash, clean and soak the aval for 10 minutes.
2. Drain. Add salt, ginger, green chillies, gram flour, sesame seeds rice, curry leaves and coriander leaves.
3. Mix well.
4. Make small balls of this mixture and flatten them onto a greased banana leaf.
5. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
6. Transfer the flattened adai to the tawa and cook on both sides, adding litle oil.
7. Remove and serve hot.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.