Raw Papaya – 1, peeled, sliced or chopped
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Tomato – 1, finely chopped
Asafoetida Powder – little
Mustard Seeds – little
Urad Dal – little
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Fry the mustard seeds, urad dal and asafoetida powder for 20 seconds.
3. Add the onions, tomatoes, green chillies and saute well for 2 minutes.
4. Add the papaya pieces and add enough water.
5. Bring to a boil or simmer till the papaya pieces are tender.
6. Add salt and mix well.
7. Remove and serve hot as a side dish to idli, dosa or serve with rice.