Ginger – 1 two inch piece, peeled, chopped
Dry Red Chillies – 3
Urad Dal – 4 tsp
Tamarind – a small marble sized piece
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Peanuts – 3 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Heat little oil in a pan.
2. Fry the peanuts, dry red chillies and urad dal for 30 to 45 seconds.
3. Remove and keep aside.
4. Fry the tamarind, asafoetida powder and ginger together for a minute.
5. Combine all the ingredients and add salt.
6. Grind to a fine powder.
7. Store in an airtight container.
8. Serve with rice.
image credit: www.healthyfoodhouse.com