Pudalangai (Snake Gourd) – 1 cup, chopped
Moong Dal – 1/4 cup
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coconut – 4 tsp, grated
Green Chillies – 3
Black Peppercorns – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Curry Leaves – few
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Add turmeric powder to dal and pressure cook till mushy.
2. Combine the coconut, green chillies, peppercorns and cumin seeds.
3. Grind to a smooth paste.
4. Boil the snake gourd pieces and keep aside.
5. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
6. Fry the mustard seeds and curry leaves for 30 seconds.
7. Add the snake gourd pieces, dal and ground paste.
8. Add salt and mix well.
9. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !