Toor Dal – 50 gms, boiled
Raw Papaya – 1 cup, peeled, chopped, seeds removed
Sambar Onions – 50 gms, peeleed
Tomatoes – 2, chopped
Tamarind Extract – 2 tblsp
Sambar Powder – 2 tblsp
Gingelly Oil – 1 tsp
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Fry the tempering ingredients for 30 seconds.
3. Add the onions, tomatoes and papaya.
4. Saute well for a minute.
5. Add tamarind extract, salt, sambar powder and bring to a boil.
6. Add turmeric powder and toor dal.
7. Add coriander leaves and mix well.
8. Remove and serve with rice.
I’ve raw papayas straight from my coimbatore home garden and was thinking of ways to use it. Nice idea to make Sambar with it :)
check out my blog for new recipes – http://priyakitchenette.blogspot.in/
Thank you priya.