Toor Dal – 1/2 cup, cooked
Elephant Yam – 250 gms, peeled, chopped
Mochai (Field Beans) – 1 cup, boiled
Tamarind Extract – 1 cup
Sambar Onions – 10, chopped
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Sambar Powder – 4 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
Curry Leaves – few
1. Heat a pan over medium flame.
2. Add the tamarind extract, onions, mochai, yam, salt and bring to a boil.
3. Heat little oil in a pan.
4. Fry the asafoetida powder, mustard seeds and curry leaves for 30 seconds.
5. Add to the sambar along with dal and bring to a boil again.
6. Serve hot with rice.