A simple and crispy snack. A delicious way to get kids to eat Bitter Gourd.
Bitter Gourd (Pavakkai) – 500 gms, large ones
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Asafoetida Powder – a small pinch (1/8 tsp)
Salt as per taste
Oil as required for frying
1. Chop the bitter gourds into thin rounds and discard the seeds.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Fry the bitter gourds till golden brown.
4. Remove and drain excess oil.
5. Transfer to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients.
6. Toss well to combine.
image via grand sweets