A North Indian variation of the Kheer made during special occasions.
Milk – 1 litre
Cashewnuts – 50 gms
Almonds – 50 gms
Pistachios – 50 gms
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Rava – 100 gms
Ghee – 2 tsp
Kesari Powder – a pinch
Sugar as required
Saffron Strands – few (optional)
1. Grind together the cashewnuts, pistachios and almonds coarsely.
2. Fry the rava till golden in a pan.
3. Add milk and gently bring to a boil.
4. Add the nuts mixture and mix well.
5. Add sugar and continue to boil over low flame.
6. Add cardamom powder and kesari powder.
7. Add ghee and stir well.
8. Remove and keep it in the fridge to cool.
9. Garnish with saffron strands and serve.