This is generally made during festive occasions. Quick and easy to make.
Rava (Sooji) – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 cups
Cashewnuts – 7 to 10
Milk – 2 1/2 cups
Ghee – 1 cup
Kesari Powder – a pinch (optional)
1. Bring the milk to a boil.
2. Add sugar and stir well till the sugar has dissolved fully.
3. Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan.
4. Fry the cashewnuts and rava till golden.
5. Gently add the milk and kesari powder. Stir till the mixture reaches a halwa like consistency.
6. Remove and keep aside to cool.