Potatoes – 500 gms, cleaned, washed, peeled and sliced into thin strips
Dry Red Chillies – 8
Salt – 2 1/2 tsp
Tamarind – 2 lemon sized balls, seeds removed
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 250 ml
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
1. Wash the potatoes and pat dry.
2. Add turmeric powder, 1 tsp salt and mix well.
3. Grind together the tamarind, red chillies and remaining salt to a fine paste.
4. Add garam masala powder and mix well.
5. Heat oil in a pan.
6. In a separate bowl, mix a handful of the potatoes with 1 tsp of the tamarind mixture and fry in hot oil till golden.
7. Repeat the process for the remaining potatoes (1 handful potatoes with 1 tsp tamarind paste).
8. Drain excess oil.
Superb Post !!!Going to try in my house