Banana Halwa is a delicious sweet made in South India, especially Kerala and TamilNadu during Onam and Diwali.
Bananas – 3, chopped
Ghee – 3 tsp
Sugar – 1/2 cup
Cardamom Powder – a pinch (optional)
Cashew Nuts, Raisins – few
1. Heat ghee in a pan.
2. Add the bananas and saute for a minute. Mash them well.
3. Boil sugar with enough water till it reaches a one string consistency sugar syrup.
4. Add the bananas and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Remove when it starts to thicken.
6. Pour into a greased plate and cool. Garnish with the cashews and raisins.
7. Cut into squares or rectangles once cooled.