* Two cups shredded vegetables (cabbage or bok choy, carrots, chopped water chestnuts, onion, etc.)
* Soy sauce
* Vinegar (white or rice)
* Two dozen wonton/dumpling skins
* Chopped garlic (fresh is best)
* Grated or finely chopped fresh ginger
* Optional: Choose one flavoring – T. Hunan chili paste, T. plum sauce, tsp. black bean sauce, tsp. five spice powder or other flavoring
* Make the dipping sauce first and let it sit. Mix equal parts soy sauce and vinegar, about 1/8 c. per person. Add equal parts garlic and ginger, about a 1/2 tsp. total of the two per person.
* Stir-fry vegetable mix in a small bit of water and soy sauce. Add your favorite flavoring, like chili paste, sesame oil etc. Stir until translucent.
* To make the dumplings, fill a small bowl with water for dipping. Scoop about 1 1/2 tsp. of filling onto a dumpling skin. Crunch the dumpling into a nice shape and dip the end into the small bowl to seal it.
* Dumplings may be boiled for 3-5 minutes or steamed 5-10. They are done when they crinkle up and turn translucent. Dip dumplings in sauce to eat.