- 1 lb. Chinese broccoli (gai lan)
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. ginger, minced
- 2 tsp. peanut or vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 tsp. sesame seeds, white
the Chinese broccoli into thirds, making the portions equal. Boil in
salted water until 3/4 cooked. Strain out and refresh in ice water. Dry
the vegetables on paper towel
- In a wok or frying pan, heat the
peanut or vegetable oil until the oil shimmers. Add the Chinese
broccoli, ginger and garlic. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the oyster sauce and cook an additional minute. Serve with sprinkled sesame seeds.