A delicious halwa made with mango puree, ghee sugar and garnished with nuts. A great dessert/sweet dish for the summer season when mangoes are available in plenty.
Mango Puree – 2 cups
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 2 cups
Almonds – few, chopped
Cashew Nuts – few, chopped
1. Mix the sugar and mango puree in a bowl.
2. Heat little ghee in a frying pan.
3. Fry the almonds and cashew nuts for 30 to 60 seconds.
4. Remove and keep aside.
5. Transfer the mango mixture to a heavy-bottomed pan.
6. Place it over medium flame and keep stirring until it reaches a halwa like consistency.
7. Towards the end add the ghee and mix well.
8. Garnish with the fried almonds and cashew nuts.