Ginger- 10 gms
Garlic – 15 flakes
Chicken pieces – 1 ½ kgs.
Whole dry red chillies (kashmiri ) soaked in ½ cup hot water for 15 minutes, water drained and reserved – 10
Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
Cashew nuts – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Vegetable oil – 1/2 cup
Onions sliced – 2
Salt – 4 tbsp
Tomato ketchup – 3 tbsp
Sugar – 1 tbsp.
1.Grind together ginger and garlic into a paste and rub on chicken. Allow to marinate for about 1 hour.
2. Grind together cumin and chillies seeds into a paste adding a little water in chillies were soaked, from time to time.
3. Separately grind cashew nuts into a paste, adding a little water (1/2 cup) from time to time.
4. Heat oil in cooker for about 3 minutes. Add onions and fry till golden brown. Add chilli paste. Stir and fry for about 3 minutes. Add chicken. Fry for about 10 minutes. Add salt and remaining water (1 cup). Mix well.
5. Close cooker. Bring to full pressure on high heat. Reduce heat and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Remove cooker form heat. Allow to cool naturally.
7. Open cooker.
8. Place cooker with chicken on high heat. Stir in cashew nut paste, tomato ketchup and sugar. Cooker till gravy thickens (approximately 2 minutes),
stirring constantly . Serve hot.