raw (boiled) rice – 150gms
Urad dal – 50 gms
Cooked rice – 15 gms
Poha (pressed rice) – 10 gms
Methi seeds – 5-6
Salt to taste
Oil or ghee
Butter – 1tbsp.
1. Heat oil on a tawa and roast the chana dal and urad dal till golden brown.
2. Add the red chillies and fry for two minutes. Add tamarind, peppercorns, jaggery and grated coconut and fry for a while.
3. When cool, grind with salt to taste to a smooth paste, adding a little water as required.
4. Wash the urad dal, raw rice and methi seeds. Soak them in a little water along with poha and cooked rice for at least an hour.
5. Grind to a smooth paste with a little water.
6. Cover and keep aside for at least five hours. Add salt to taste and mix well.
7. This batter can be used as basic batter. Use a stainless steel cup to pour the dosa batter onto the tawa.
8. Heat and grease a non stick tawa or a dosa plate.
9. Pour 300 ml. dosa batter over it in an oval shape. Allow it to cook on a low flame for 1 and a half minutes.
10. Scrape the upper layer to get a tin and crisp dosa roll it up.
Serve immediately with coconut chutney and sambhar.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !